Having mold in your home can be a serious problem. Many people have mold in their houses without even realizing it. That is why it is important that you are aware of the warning signs of mold so that you can take care of it before it becomes too serious. Here are 3 signs that you have mold in the house.

1. You Can See The Mold

This might seem like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised at how many people miss mold, even though it is in plain sight. Of course you would expect to see some mold in the moist areas of your house, such as in the shower, around the sinks, or in the toilet. But mold can also appear other places that you might not expect.

For instance, your basement might have mold without you even knowing it. That is why it is important that you inspect your basement often, especially areas where there might have been a recent flood, crevices or cracks that could collect water and any other place that might have been exposed to water.

2. There Is An Unpleasant Smell

Mold has a distinct smell.  If it is serious enough it could make the whole house smell badly. However, in most cases the mold is confined to one area so you should only notice the smell when you are right in that area.

Because some mold will hide in between the walls, or behind wallpaper, you might not be able to see it. This means that the smell will be one of the best ways to detect that you have a problem. Thus, if you can't seem to get rid of an unpleasant smell in the house, you should consider calling a professional mold removal company.

3. People In The House Are Exhibiting Health Problems

Being exposed to mold for a long period of time can cause health problems. You might not be able to see the mold, or know that you are smelling mold, but your body might be reacting to it. For this reason, pay close attention to any changes in your health. Some of the more common symptoms of mold exposure or troubled breathing, watering eyes, skin rashes and symptoms like allergies.

Because mold can be dangerous to your health and to the structure of your home, it is important that you detect the problem early on and get it professionally removed by a company like MoldStoppers

Share